Terms And Condition
These Terms and Conditions of Service are designed for use in business to consumer transactions.
The terms of this document have been specifically written in a consumer-friendly manner and are designed to be understood by an average consumer, requiring no specialist business or legal knowledge.
Recently updated, this document now better reflects the pre-contract information requirements for on-premises contracts established by the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. The customer is given a clear and concise summary of the information they are entitled to receive under the Regulations thus making it easier both for the customer to understand their rights and for the service provider to understand their obligations.
This document now contains a new clause referring to customer complaints. Customers are informed that their feedback and complaints are welcome and will be handled in accordance with the traders complaints handling policy and procedure. Templates for both documents are available here.
These Terms and Conditions of Service are suitable for use with a wide range of services and can thus be applied to many every-day service contracts. This document is designed for use by a service provider.
There are a number of important legal points to be aware of when contracting with consumers. In service contracts, the most important laws to be aware of are:
- The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, prohibiting misleading or aggressive sales practices
- The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, requiring that, among other things, goods and services are provided to consumers with reasonable care and skill
- The Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, prohibiting terms that excessively limit or exclude the seller’s liability
- The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, providing further protection for consumers by, for example, ensuring good faith and avoiding significant imbalance in the rights of the parties.
It is important for all service providers to be aware of their obligations and the rights of their customers. The terms of these Terms and Conditions of Service have been written with these laws in mind. The terms have been designed to be easily understood by consumers and to be fair to them.
Whilst great care should be taken with all provisions in this document, of particular importance are the following:
- Sums charged under sub-Clause 5.5 for remedial work required owing to the customer supplying incorrect information must be reasonable. They can only reflect the actual cost of the work and must not amount to a penalty.
Optional phrases / clauses are enclosed in square brackets. These should be read carefully and selected so as to be compatible with one another. Unused options should be removed from the document.
- If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, within 120 days from the purchase date, we will fully refund the cost of your order.
- This policy covers how we use your personal information. We take your privacy seriously and will take all measures to protect your personal information. Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.